The GS026 Wind Speed Sensor – Anemometer, pivots on its steel mounting bracket. This is useful in applications where the structure it is mounted on moves up and down, such as with cranes or other lifting equipment. This keeps the wind cups perpendicular to the wind, the ideal angle to accurately measure the wind speed.
Already using a wireless GS020 wind speed sensor?
For an easy upgrade, the GS026 Wind Speed Sensor can retrofit onto the existing mounting bracket of the previous generation of the GS020 Wireless Wind Speed Sensors.
The wind speed sensing element has no moving parts. The wind cup head assembly has 2 embedded magnets that pass by a reed switch in the wind speed body as the wind speed head assembly turns, producing an accurate wind value.
The GS026 comes as standard with a mounting bracket and
wind speed display/receiver.
Design features include:
Communication range: 4,600 feet (1,400 meters)
• Measurement range: 0 to 150 mph (0 to 241.4 km/h) (The GS320 display shows a maximum wind speed of 99 mph)
• Typical accuracy: +/- 3 mph (+/- 4.8 km/h)
• User-replaceable wind cup assembly
• Simple and easy battery change
• Powered by either a 3.6V lithium battery or a 1.5V alkaline battery
Users can expect up to 3 years of battery life under normal operation. If wind speed was monitored continuously 24 hours a day / 7 days a week, users could expect 20 months of battery life from one “D” cell lithium battery.